I never knew a dessert could fit me so well! Combined two of my all time favorite foods to create this SWEET POTATO PEANUT BUTTER CAKE! She’s light, fluffy, and full of flavor – not to mention, she’s topped with a 2 ingredient chocolate frosting that will knock your socks off. Oh yea – so three of my favorite foods, chocolate, sweet potato and peanut butter!
Like most of my desserts, this cake is gluten and dairy free – made using cassava flour (provides one of the best textures) and no dairy at all! You actually only need 7 ingredients to make this cake! Perfect for your first (or next) FALL get together, or just for. Wednesday evening 🙂
PS: I’ve made it easy to go and grab any of the baking materials you’ll need, just in case you don’t have them already – just use this link to go shop all of my staple baking ingredients from Amazon!
I also use Georgia Grinders for ALL of my nut butter needs, even in baking – you can get 20% off on all Georgia Grinders nut butters using code “starvingtostrong”! For my chocolate needs (to help make the frosting) I use Hu Kitchen gems – which you can get 10% off on using THIS link!
Sweet Potato Peanut Butter Cake
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup monk fruit
- 1/4 cup powdered peanut butter
- 1/4 cup cassava flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- – 1 cup melted dark chocolate gems
- – 1 cup coconut milk (full fat)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine mashed sweet potato, eggs and peanut butter.
- Add in monk fruit sweetener.
- Fold in flour, powdered peanut butter and baking powder.
- Pour batter into a lined/oiled 8×8 baking pan.
- Bake in the oven for about 25-30 minutes.
- While baking, whip together the two ingredients for the frosting.
- Remove the cake from the oven, let cool completely, then frost!
Add a comment