Don’t be turned off by the fact that there is sweet potato in your butter cream! It actually provides for the most luscious texture, without actually changing the taste of the frosting!
I present to you the VEGAN SWEET POTATO BUTTERCREAM that will quickly become your go to frosting for all homemade baked goods – cakes, blondies, breads – you’ll want to put this stuff on top of everything!
This frosting is SO easy to make, requires only about 5 ingredients, and I bet you have them all on hand! All you have to do is pre-roast a Japanese or Hannah sweet potato, then mix the filling of the potato with a few other simple ingredients and VOILA! Buttercream, made at home, with Sweet Potatoes!
Pictured below I have it on my chocolate covered strawberry bread and my coconut chocolate chip blondies!
Vegan Sweet Potato Buttercream
- 2 tbsp vegan butter (can sub normal butter if not vegan)
- 1/2 mashed Japanese or Hannah sweet potato
- 1/2-3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-roast the sweet potato until soft and tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed sweet potato & butter and beat until combined.
- Once mixed, add in the vanilla extract.
- Then add in the powdered sugar and mix together until completely incorporated.
- Store in the fridge to set up some or frost directly.
Add a comment