I recently made a cake for my Father In Law’s birthday celebration – a chocolate cake. When I was done, I thought, heck – I would enjoy that in a single serve version. So I got to work, figured out the ratios, and voila – single serve chocolate cake was born!
I actually love this recipe because I snuck in an unexpected secret ingredient that I think adds to the fluffiness of the cake. You may have seen on baking shows that sometimes bakers will include sour cream or mayo into their cake recipes – mostly to add texture, and sometimes to add a bit of tang. BUT, I don’t like sour cream or mayo, so I was thinking about what else I could use to give the same affect. And then it hit me – COTTAGE CHEESE! I’ve been having a moment with cottage cheese lately, tbh, and I know it sounds so strange to include in a cake recipe, but don’t knock it till you try it, okay!?
All the other ingredients in this gluten free cake are normal – I swear. I used almond flour again for fluffy texture, and monk fruit sweetener has been my go to lately. If you don’t have this on hand, I think any kind of granulated sugar would work well (although I haven’t tried any substitutions yet, so I am not 100% sure).
Chocolate cake makes everyone happy – but lets just focus on making YOU happy with this single serve version!
To make it even easier, I’ve linked all of my go to gluten and dairy free baking ingredients at my Amazon Shop Page. They are also linked below in the recipe card!
Single Serve Chocolate Cake
- 1/2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 egg (whisk.1 egg in a bowl & pour half into batter)
- 1 tbsp cottage cheese
- 1 1/2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp monk fruit
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine melted coconut oil and 1/2 egg with a whisk.
- Add in cottage cheese and whisk until smooth.
- Fold in dry ingredients including flour, cocoa powder, monk fruit sweetener and baking powder.
- **Add in chocolate gems if you want**
- Pour batter into an oiled ramekin or mug.
- Bake in the oven for about 10-12 minutes (until cooked through)
- Remove, top with more chocolate chips and enjoy!
Add a comment