Pumpkin and cream cheese are an undeniable Fall combo! I used to always make a pumpkin bread stuffed with a cream cheese filling – it was the BEST! And although I’m a big bread girl, I also love hand held treats that are easy to eat and don’t require any utensils!
So, as I was playing around in the kitchen the other day, I decided to whip up a muffin version of one of my favorite sweet breads. And the results were PHENOMENAL! These muffins are sweet, gooey, moist, delicious, all the best things you could want from a muffin!
The cream cheese adds a tangy note to the sweet but rich pumpkin flavor. My suggestion is to curl up on the couch with a blanket, warm cup of coffee, and one (or maybe two) of these muffins. You’ll never want to get up – except to grab another one!
These muffins are also dairy free, refined sugar free and paleo friendly. You could make them gluten free by switching the whole wheat flour with a gluten free alternative ( I think that almond flour or gluten free 1:1 baking flour would work best!
Make these for your next fall gathering, for thanksgiving, or just for next weekend – and get ready to make them again because everyone is going to LOVE them, and you 🙂
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1/3 cup maple
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all wet ingredients.
- in a separate large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- Add wet mixture into dry and fold together until fully incorporated.
- Pour 1/2 the batter into a lined muffin pan (should fill 1/2 of about 12 muffins)
- Combine all “filling” ingredients in a bowl.
- Scoop about 1-2 tbsp of filling on top of each muffin batter.
- Pour remaining 1/2 of muffin batter on top of filling.
- Bake in the oven for about 30-35 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove and let cool.
Add a comment