Blueberry and pumpkin may seem like a strange combination, but honestly, I’m finding that A LOT of things pair well with pumpkin, even if you wouldn’t imagine it.
I was inspired when I received Kween & Co Blueberry Granola Butter in the mail in late August. I knew fall was right around the corner and already wanted to start baking for the season, but also still had tons of fresh berries on hand.
So why not try a combination I had never tried before. Enter – BLUEBERRY PUMPKIN. And let me tell you, it was so worth trying! I honestly love the bright notes from the blueberry and the warm notes from the pumpkin. They contrast but compliment each other so well.
This loaf is also gluten, dairy and nut free – so perfect for anyone who has allergies around those items. I used oat flour to keep it nut free, but if you don’t need to avoid nuts, I think almond flour could also work well in this recipe (however, I haven’t tried it, so don’t quote me on that).
So, if you’re feeling daring, and still have some summer blueberries leftover, try whipping up this unusually delicious BLUEBERRY PUMPKIN LOAF! You won’t regret it!
All of my standard gluten and dairy free baking staples can be found using my Amazon Shop Page!
Blueberry Pumpkin Loaf
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 cup blueberry granola butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar or monkfruit
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Blueberries coated in flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, granola butter and eggs.
- Add in sugar and mix to combine.
- Fold in flour and baking powder.
- Roll blueberries in flour before adding to the batter and folding throughout.
- Pour batter into a lined loaf pan.
- Bake in the oven for about 45-50 minutes.
- Remove, let cool and slice.
Add a comment