Peppermint Mocha – the classic Christmas flavor combo. And one i’m typically not a fan of. But as I get older, I slowly start to realize why people love this flavor profile so much. The rich chocolate, the fresh mint, it truly can be a match made in heaven.
I say CAN because to me it all depends on the ratio. The peppermint can’t be too strong, otherwise it’s like you’re eating toothpaste – and no one wants that for dessert! But don’t worry, these Peppermint Mocha Truffles have the PERFECT ratio of chocolate to mint to mocha, if I do say so myself!
These little bit size truffles are gluten and dairy free, have no added sugar and are completely vegan (if you use the chocolate I linked in the recipe below)! These are perfect for the whole family, and everyone will be asking for more!
I’ve linked all of my go to ingredients used to make these little bite size truffles int he recipe below. Be sure to use the discount codes included in the recipe card if you choose to shop Hu Kitchen or Georgia Grinders!
Peppermint Mocha Truffles
- 1/3 cup melted chocolate (I used Hu Kitchen Mint Chocolate – code STARVINGTOSTRONG10)
- 1/2 cup cashew butter (I use Georgia Grinders – code STARVINGTOSTRONG)
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 packet BeforeYouSpeak Mocha packet (or instant coffee)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- In a large bowl, combine melted chocolate, cashew butter and peppermint extract.
- Fold in cocoa powder, mocha (coffee) and coconut flour.
- Once mixture is combined, roll dough into 1/2 inch balls.
- Set in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- Remove, coat in melted chocolate (add 1/4 tsp peppermint extract to melted chocolate for added mint flavor)!
- Sprinkle crushed candy canes on top.
- Set in the fridge again for at least 20-30 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy!
Add a comment