PEANUT BUTTER Mug Cake made with only 6 ingredients and ready in under 2 minutes?! Heaven does exist!
I am a BIG fan of desserts I don’t have to share – so anything single serve is right up my alley! I also love desserts that take minimal number of dishes – and this entire cake can be made and cooked in ONE mug! It really doesn’t get any easier.
Guess what – no oven needed either! All you have to do is pop the mug into the microwave for less than 2 minutes and VOILA – cake in your hands. Cooking times may vary based on microwave settings, so I would keep a close eye on it as it cooks!
This simple cake is perfect on its own, but I love to add a scoop of ice cream, whip cream, or heck even more PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter for extra peanut flavor!
This cake is also flour free, gluten free, refined sugar free and dairy free. I used the PB2 in place of the flour and it added to that rich peanut flavor. Using PB2 instead of flour also ensured that the cake was completely gluten free!
Ready to bake? Me too!
Peanut Butter Mug Cake
- 1 tbsp runny peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 + 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp PB2 Powdered peanut butter
- 1tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
How to cook Peanut Butter Mug Cake
- In an oiled microwave safe mug, combine the peanut butter, egg and maple syrup.
- Mix until fully combined, then add in the PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter, flour, salt and baking powder.
- Fold until completely incorporated and all lumps are gone.
- Place mug into the microwave for about 1 minute and 20 seconds (this is prime cook time in MY personal microwave)
- Remove mug and let cool slightly.
- Top with more PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter, ice cream, whip cream, chocolate – the choices are endless! .
Add a comment