Anyone else always crave Chick-Fil-A on a Sunday? I swear, every time I think to myself “man, chick-fil-a nuggets sound so good, maybe I’ll get some for dinner.” I remember, NOPE, it’s Sunday. Truly – it’s the most disappointing thing. 🙁
One Sunday after realizing I wasn’t going to get my beloved nuggets, I decided to take matters into my own hands. And although I don’t have a fryer at home, I wanted to create my own nuggets from scratch!
Behold – the Copy Cat Chick-Fil-A nuggets – that are baked, not fried! Now, I can have chick-fil-a any day of the week, and that makes this girl SUPER happy!
You’ll need just a few ingredients and about one hour to create these at home nuggets – and you can always mix up the flour/spices to make a different flavor nugget each time!
Copy Cat Chick-Fil-A Nuggets
- 2 chicken breasts – cut into bite size pieces
- ½ cup gluten free flour (like I said, you can switch up the flour)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp nut milk
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 cup Almond meal
- Turn oven on to 400 degrees. Cut chicken breasts into bite size pieces.
- Set up drudging station – 1 bowl filled with gluten free flour, one bowl filed with the whisked egg and milk combined, and the last bowl filled with cornstarch/almond meal mixture.
- Dip each chicken piece first into the gluten free flour, then into the egg mixture, and lastly into the corn starch/almond meal mixture.
- Continue this process for each piece of chicken.
- Place all battered chicken nuggets onto a lined or oiled cookie sheet.
- Bake in oven at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes, flipping nuggets half way through.
Add a comment