I am slowly being converted into a coconut fan – and these COCONUT CHOCOLATE CHIP BLONDIES are certainly part of the reason.
I’ve never been big on coconut, I don’t like it fresh, I don’t like Pina coladas, and I don’t like it dried. However, when I started creating my own recipes, experimenting with coconut flour, and coconut milk & cream, the flavor slowly started to grow on me.
I wanted to make a dense blondie using the coconut flavor, which also pairs SO well with chocolate. Of course, what DOESN’T pair well with chocolate??
These blondies are thick and dense, rich in flavor, loaded with great ingredients and are the perfect option for dessert. They are also gluten, dairy and nut free – making them perfect for any family members or friends who may be have specific allergies.
The coconut flavor shines through with three different coconut products going into the recipe – coconut milk, coconut oil and coconut sugar all come together in the wet ingredients and make a punch.
All you need past that is some eggs, vanilla, oat flour, baking powder and OF COURSE chocolate chips. Yup – only 8 ingredients are required to make these easy and delicious blondies. And if you want to top with my VEGAN BUTTERCREAM FROSTING, like shown in these photos – I would highly recommend it!
Who’s ready to become a coconut fan like me?
PS: I’ve made it easy to go and grab any of the baking materials you’ll need, just in case you don’t have them already – just use this link to go shop all of my staple baking ingredients from Amazon! You can also use THIS link to buy my favorite dairy free & vegan chocolate chunks to use in baking for 10% OFF!
Coconut Chocolate Chip Blondies
- 1/3 cup coconut milk(thick portion)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 stp vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (Using this link will give you 10% off on Hu Kitchen Chocolate)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine coconut milk (only the thick part), coconut oil (melted), eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into wet until batter is completely combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a lined/oiled baking dish (I used an 8×8 pan).
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes or until completely cooked through.
- Remove, let cool, then frost with my Sweet Potato Buttercream Frosting
Add a comment