I always have staples when it comes to breakfasts – oatmeal bowls, yogurt bowls, yogurt toast – and most recently quinoa bowls! These are staples because all you have to do is switch up the flavor profile, and you’ve basically got an entirely new meal!
I decided to make my basic quinoa bowl, but incorporate my favorite flavors to create a sweet and satisfying breakfast – this is my Chunky Monkey Quinoa bowl. chocolate, peanut butter, banana all in one – and also loaded with protein, healthy fats and carbs! HECK YES!
I’ve always said one of my favorite parts of adulting is having chocolate for breakfast, which is why I’ve made a “chunky monkey” version of basically all of my morning staples 🙂 And this one did not disappoint!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1-3 hours (including storage time)
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup nut milk
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp powdered peanuts
- 1 tsp vanilla
- toppings: banana, nut butter, cacao nibs
- Cook quinoa according to instructions on packaging. (1/4 dry typically makes 1/2 cup cooked).
- Place cooked quinoa in a jar, add in milk, cocoa powder and powdered peanuts and vanilla extract.
- Shake all ingredients together until completely incorporated.
- Store overnight, or for at least 1-2 hours.
- In the morning, top with all your favorites! My go to are bananas, more nut butter and of course some cacao nibs!