Think brownies and bread combined, with the best chocolate peppermint flavor. That’s what you get with this CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT BROWNIE LOAF, although maybe you could have guessed that from the title?
Anywho, when I started making this recipe, I was really going for more of a bread like texture. But trust me, I wasn’t mad when it came out more cake/brownie like – because who can be mad at brownies! I guess you could actually make this recipe in a small 8×8 pan and make actual brownies instead, but no matter the shape or size, the end product will be delicious.
This loaf is completely gluten and dairy free, made with some of my favorite products like Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour and Hu Kitchen chocolate! Granted, if you don’t have those brands, any almond flour or chocolate would work. Although, I suggest using a dark chocolate that actually has mint in it too – maybe Ande’s or York patties melted down could work too – but I haven’t tested that so don’t hold me to it!
The literal icing on the “cake” is this super simple powdered sugar glaze (powdered sugar, nut milk and peppermint extract)! Then all you need to do is add candy canes tumbled on top – just saying!
All of my standard gluten and dairy free baking staples can be found using my Amazon Shop Page!
Chocolate Peppermint Brownie Loaf
- 1 bar Hu Kitchen chocolate mint bar melted
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large, microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate bar.
- Once melted, add coconut oil and whisk to combine.
- Next add the room temperature eggs and sugar and continue to whisk together.
- Fold in all dry ingredients and mix together with a spatula.
- Pour batter into a lined loaf pan.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove, let cool and slice!
Add a comment