Peanut butter cups have always been my favorite “candy bar”. I couldn’t go into a store as a child and leave without a Reese’s in hand.
These days, I like to take my childhood favorites and elevate them, and usually healthily them to some degree. Enter my CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT OAT CUPS!
They may sound like a lot of work, and maybe even a lot of ingredients, but I promise they aren’t. These candy cups only require 4 ingredients and take about an hour to come together (with chilling time included).
The base and top layer of the cups is just melted chocolate – so the choice is up to you! I love using Lily’s dark chocolate or Hu Kitchen Sea Salt Dark Chocolate, but honestly the possibilities are endless here.
The filling is just as easy! All you need is chocolate hazelnut butter (I actually made my own from roasted hazelnuts, cocoa powder & vanilla), oats and maple syrup! Mix them together until combined and there you have it – your filling for these easy candies.
Since I used Lily’s for these cups, the sweet treat is complete dairy and gluten free. Such a great option for those of us with allergies and intolerances!
Instead of buying your candy, try making it at home! You’ll be surprised just how much better it tastes!
Chocolate Hazelnut Oat Cups
- melted chocolate (about 1 cup – I used Hu Kitchen vegan chocolate)
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup Chocolate hazelnut butter
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup
- Melt 1 cup chocolate of choice in a large bowl.
- Line a muffin tin, pour about 1/2 tbsp melted chocolate into each tin, leave remaining melted chocolate in bowl.
- Place muffin tin in fridge to cool.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine all filling ingredients and mix together.
- Remove muffin tin from fridge, scoop about 1/2-1 tbsp filling into each tin.
- Top filling with remaining melted chocolate (may have to remelt in microwave), making sure to cover the filling completely.
- Place muffin tin back in fridge for at least 30 minutes to harden.
If you choose to use a different chocolate than Hu Kitchen, I would recommend adding about 1 tbsp coconut oil to your melted chocolate to make it smoother.
Add a comment