Did you know you can make candy at home?! It’s so easy, and the ingredients included are things you’ve heard of before instead of processed foods or chemicals that could go into store bought candy! I can also guarantee that these homemade candy bars are just as indulgent as and maybe even more delicious than the standard!
I present to you – the home made “PayDay” candy bar! To be completely honest, I didn’t even think I liked PayDays. They were never my go to candy bar during child hood (quick shout out to my OG fave, the Reeses Peanut Butter Cup). BUT, when I started experimenting at home and created these lovely bars, it has quickly moving up my favorites list!
These bars are crunchy, but soft. Smooth and sweet. Literally everything you want in a candy bar! The version I made doesn’t have any true chocolate, but you could easily switch out the salted caramel “chocolate” for normal or dark chocolate to create a completely new flavor profile! Also – please take note, these only take a total of 5 INGREDIENTS to make and require NO BAKING – you read that right, 5 INGREDIENTS and no heat! Let’s get to “cooking” ☺
Prep Time: 10 minutes
“Cook” Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
½ cup cashew butter
3 tbsp. honey
1/3 cup oat flour
Melted salted caramel chocolate (can use any chocolate you’d like)
- Mix together the Layer 1 ingredients in a bowl.
- Once combined, press mixture into a loaf pan to create an even layer of batter. Press whole roasted peanuts into the first layer and ensure they are secured into the top layer of the base.
- Stick loaf pan into freezer for at least 30 minutes to harden.
- Once frozen, melt chocolate of choice (I used Loving Earth Salted Caramel Chocolate) and pour on top of peanuts.
- Stick in freezer again for at least 20 more minutes or until chocolate has hardened.
- Remove from freezer, slice into “candy bars” and devour! These will keep in the freezer for at least 2 weeks.
Add a comment