Although I don’t follow any particular diet, I do enjoy eating plant based for most of my meals. And sometimes, I can even get my husband on board. Especially with recipes like these BARBECUE KIDNEY BEAN BURGERS!
They are hearty and wholesome just like a normal beef burger, pack a ton of flavor, but are completely plant based and vegan! Perfect for those #meatlessmonday meals, and you can even prep these on Sunday to have them throughout the week for a quick and easy lunch!
These burgers take only 6 ingredients and about 10 minutes to create, and even better, only about 8 minutes to cook! How simple is that?
I chose kidney beans over the traditional black bean burger because 1. The color resembles ground beef a little more, 2. They are high in protein and fiber and 3. I have been liking them better lately 🙂
Of course, no burger is complete without a bun – am I right? I always reach for my Canyon Bakehouse Gluten Free buns. The texture, fluffiness, and flavor resemble that of a standard restaurant bun, which makes them just perfect! You would never know they are gluten free, even my husband and father like them, woh seriously question gluten free breads most of the time!
Time to get cooking – or grilling! Although if you choose to grill, I recommend putting a flat top or cast iron skillet on top of the grill rack so that the burgers stay together.
Barbecue Kidney Bean Burgers
- 1 can kidney beans
- 2 tbsp flax seed meal
- 1/3 cup chopped arugula or parsley
- 2 tbsp barbecue sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp barbecue seasoning
- salt/pepper to taste
How to cook Barbecue Kidney Bean Burgers
- 1. Drain, rinse and mash the can of kidney beans.
- 2. In a medium bowl, combine beans, flax seed meal and chopped greens.
- 3. Once mixed together, add in barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings.
- 4. Mix until fully incorporated.
- 5. Form mixture into 4 patties.
- 6. Place patties on a plate or cookie sheet and let set in fridge for about 30 minutes.
- 7. Remove and cook on the stove top, about 4 minutes each side.
- 8. Remove from heat, place on bun, and enjoy!
Add a comment