Am I the only one who tries to find every possible way to eat dessert for breakfast? I’ve found that stuffing sweet potatoes is a super easy way to do this – and also a super delicious way! We all know that my love for sweet potatoes runs deep – I’m honestly surprised I haven’t turned into a sweet potato yet. But then you stuff one with tons of fresh fruit, nut butter and some granola – and DANG I’m even more in love!
Insert this LOADED apple pie sweet potato. Was craving all the flavors of apple pie one day, but it was also 9 am, so baking an entire pie and eating it didn’t sound like the best option! So, my mind got turning and I figured the best way to get ALL the flavor in the shortest amount of time was to load it all up in a sweet potato.
Using the microwave, this dish can come together in about 10 minutes – YUP, you heard right! 10 MINUTES! Cooking a potato has never been so easy – just wrap it up in some paper towels, and cook for 2 minutes on each side. And the filling only take about 7 minutes 🙂 All I did was sauté some apples on a fry pan with some coconut oil and cinnamon. Loaded the potato up with some yogurt mixed with cinnamon, piled on the sautéed apples and then added a biggest drizzle of almond butter (because a meal is never complete without some nut butter)! And there you have it, apple pie for breakfast that you can feel good about!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- 1 Japanese sweet potato
- 1/2 apple of choice (chopped)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup yogurt of choice
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- Cook sweet potato in the microwave by wrapping in a paper towel and cooking on each side for 2 minutes. If it requires more cooking, continue in 30 second intervals until potato is soft.
- While the potato cooks, chop the apple and toss in cinnamon.
- In a medium fry pan, spray coconut oil and toss apples until caramelized.
- Once potato is cooked, remove and slice in half
- Place the yogurt on top of the cooked potato.
- Pile on the sautéed apples.
- Top with almond butter drizzle and granola (if desired).
Add a comment