So, this may be cheating, but this APPLE CINNAMON CAKE is going to be the easiest dessert you can make this season! Three ingredients (not including the icing), about 25 minutes and one bowl is all you need.
So what I mean by cheating is using box cake mix – but hey, I’d still call it homemade because you’re not following the directions! Forging our own path with this short and simple recipe, and fooling all your guests into thinking its made from scratch!
I didn’t make this version gluten free, but you could easily do so by using your favorite gluten free white cake mix! This cake is dairy free though and completely vegan! No eggs, butter or milk required to make this one 🙂
So go to the store, grab the easiest 3 ingredients, and let’s get baking!
For the frosting, I would recommend using one of your favorite white icings and adding some cinnamon into it to match the cake, or you can make some at home using your favorite plain yogurt, some powdered sugar and cinnamon!
Apple Cinnamon Cake
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 can apple pie filling
- 1/2 cup yogurt of choice (plain flavor)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend the apple pie filling in a blender until smooth.
- Combine cake mix and apple pie filling in a large bowl until batter forms.
- Pour batter into a cake pan and bake according to box instructions.
- While baking, mix together all frosting ingredients in a bowl.
- Remove from oven, let cool, top or slice and fill with frosting!
Add a comment